ALEXANDER KASHPURIN is a concert pianist and piano teacher living in St. Petersburg
Music is the most important element in Alexander Kashpurins life from a young age when he joined the professional boys' choir of St. Petersburg. The almost daily rehearsals of this choir and the European tours were a feast and inspiration for Alexander.
When he received a piano at the age of 8 he became immediately passionate about this instrument and music took an all-embracing central role in his life.
When he was 12 years old, Alexander was admitted to the St. Petersburg Music Lyceum and joined the piano class of Irina Lobikova. He continued his studies at the Rimsky-Korsakov St. Petersburg State Conservatory in 2014.
In 2019 he graduated 'summa cum laude' for his mater degree and continued this graduation by the "Post Graduate Performance Course" which he also completed summa cum laude in 2021.
In 2020 Alexander started the Specialist Degree "Artistic Direction of Symphony Orchestra and Academic Choir".
The academic year 2021-2022 Alexander joins the artistic program for exceptional young talents at the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel in Waterloo (near Brussels BE).
At the same time, he is affiliated as lecturer (piano playing) at the Rimsky-Korsakov State Conservatory in St Petersburg
Laureate of several International and Russian competitions
In 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
Winner of the Young Talents Award of the Government of Saint-Petersburg.
In 2013, at the age of 15,
First prize and special prize of the 9th Chopin Golden Ring International Competition of Young Pianists in Slovenia.
- the 3rd all-Russian S. Bendizky Piano Competition (Grand Prix and special award recipient);
- the 7th J. Vitols International Piano Competition (Grand Prix and special award recipient);
- two-time winner of the all-Russian competition Young Talents of Russia in the category "Musical Art".
- First prize winner (and 2 special prizes) of the VIII International Čiurlionis Piano Competition in Vilnius, Lithuania. Including a solo concert performance with the Lithuanian National Philharmonic.
- First prize winner (and 3 special prizes) of the 1st International Russian Music Piano Competition.
- First prize winner of the 'International Piano Competition 'Les Etoiles Du Piano' in Roubaix, France.
Performs as a soloist and chamber musician
Alexander has toured the Netherlands, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Poland, Austria, Spain, Bulgaria, Mongolia and China, Italy, Greece, Morocco, Azerbaijan, Tanzania.
Alexander collaborated with various conductors including G. Rinkevičius, Z. Gugkaev, M. Fedotov, A. Kantorov.
Masterclasses include: Willem Brons (Netherlands), Tamas Vasary (Hungary), Cyprien Katsaris (France), Dmitri Bashkirov (Russia), Gotlieb Wallisch (Austria), Daniel Pollack (USA), Alexandra Tuerk-Espitalier (Germany), Alexander Sandler (Russia) and Louis Lortie (Belgium).
Photo: Daniil Rabovsky